In order to access the Food Bank, clients must initially be referred to us by a local agency or organisation. Examples of these include:
- Local Primary and Secondary Schools
- Hangleton Children’s Centre
- Family Information Service
- Social Services
- Money Advice Plus
- St Luke’s Advice Service
- Community Health Visitors and Nurses
- Hangleton Community Centre
- Hangleton & Knoll Project
- Local Churches
- Local Discretionary Social Fund- Brighton &Hove Council
- Housing Department- Brighton & Hove City Council
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- Christian’s Against Poverty
- Brighton Voices in Exile
- Salvation Army
- Off the Fence
- Age UK
- The Fed
You can download our Food Bank Referral Form 2017 here. Please note that we ask that we are the client’s nearest Food Bank, generally in the BN3 area, and that an intial community referral is valid for 4 food parcels. After this, clients would need to access a money advice service for further support and referrals.
Referral forms should be brought along by the client on their first visit or emailed in advance to email@example.com. Please do let us know in advance either way if you are coming to access the Food Bank for the first time.
The Food Bank telephone number is 07990 631892 for further enquiries.